“The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war.”- Douglas MacArthur.
Did you know that over one million of our armed forces are affected by tinnitus or other hearing issues caused during their tours of duty? This can be as a result of gunfire, excessive machinery noise and explosions during service. Here at Acadian Hearing, we deeply respect those who have served and protected our country and encourage you to schedule a screening with us to see if we can improve your hearing health.
If you are a veteran, you may qualify for the Choice Program, which offers the eligible veteran access to healthcare in their local community. This means that there will be no travelling to your nearest VA facility or waiting around until a VA appointment is available; all you need to do is call and schedule an appointment with us.
If you need a hearing aid, we offer a wide selection of devices by big brand names such as Phonak, all available under the Choice Program. Just imagine the incredible difference a hearing aid could make in your life; re-connecting you with friends and family and opening up a world of post-service social opportunities.
So, are you eligible? You could be if you enrolled for VA healthcare on or before August 1st, 2004, and at least one of the following applies to you:
- You need to wait more than 30 days for an appointment at your local VA facility;
- You live more than 40 miles from your local VA facility;
- You need to travel on a boat or a plane to reach your local VA facility;
- Medical conditions, environmental factors or geographic challenges prevent or hinder you getting to your local VA facility;
- You reside within a State or a United States Territory that does not have a full-service VA medical facility.
If you feel you meet the criteria, then give us a call for additional information.